Friday 13 February 2009

"Those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history" - B Obama.

"Those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history". B Obama.






Let me make myself clear, I do not support this Dutch MP, nor have I watched his film and probably never will.

What I am about is the stiffing of dissent in all it's forms.

I have had to deal with a lot of unpleasant people in my life, with a lot of unpleasant ideas and opinions. No doubt a lot of these people felt the same about me.

I was raised to believe in the principle that, though I may disagree with what you say or believe and I may even challenge you on those issues, I will defend your right to say it or believe it.

This action by the Home Secretary does nothing for debate, freedom of speech or democracy and revels more about NuLabour attitude towards these principles, the disdain they have for the critical thinking abilities of the people of the UK and gives the impression that they are cowards but are still willing and able to use 'gunboat' politics to achieve their aims.



Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've summed up my thoughts there. I find his views reprehensible, but he does, or did, have a right to hold them. It's frightening that is no longer true!

Pablothehat said...

It's begining to become like the film the Minority Report in embryonic form.
Thought Crime, Pre-Crime, Thought police.

= SLAVE