Wednesday 17 December 2008

Dipity Timeline Tracking

I signed up for this utility a short while ago, but, as with all of the utilities that I sign up for, it is usually a week or two before I actually start to fiddle with them.

Dipity is one such service.

What Dipity gives you is the ability to watch and monitor websites, blog, newsfeeds, contacts and friends etc, on a timeline.

It integrates well with Twitter and allow you to track follower, friends and topics of interest.

Dipity1 HMGov

Just catching up with the latest from Mr Fry...

Dipity SFry Close up

and checking how the evolution of the 'flying shoe' is progressing....

Shoetimeline

Dipity has a very nice looking interface and several features which I am only beginning to explore.

The downsides are, that, given the idea that it is a timeline, why am I stuck on PT time even though I have set it to GMT, why doesn't it understand my URL for my blog? I had to include it as a RSS feed to get it to appear. It's that Yoono feeling again! and it runs too slow on my meager pc.

Need more RAM see, still running on a 1Gig stick and a puny graphics card.

I have also begun to resize my image uploads as they tend to be quite big files, usually 500k JPG's.

I have been using an online utility called Quick Thumbnail to shrink the size of my files.

Quick Thumbnail

You just upload the shreenshot, it processes, you save the resulting image. Very easy to use and reduced these images from well over 500k to less than 60k. That's a lot of bandwidth saved.

I did try to resize my online images, but it didn't work, a bit more investigation is required as to find out why.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: