Wednesday 19 November 2008

Blogs of Note and Webs of Wonder

Blogs of Note and Webs of Wonder

TweeterBlog

I have had a Twitter profile for a while but I did not really get it. It is not that I am unfamiliar with 'chat platforms' I have used so many over the years, Tiscali, (Don't hear so much of them these days), Yahoo (before that annoying Boat Theme they embarked on!)...lots!
Twitter, it was just another that I would get round to.

What changed were external factors brought Twitter further to my attention. Some of my other services such as MYBlogLog include links to social media sites via widgets, including Twitter. From media reports about how politicians, reporters, news media are using blogging and Twitter and Installing a few Twitter tools I have begun to understand how useful Twitter is!

As I tend to blog around news issues mainly, with a few blogging tips and stuff thrown in, I initially hunted out media outlets and government statements on Twitter.

I also follow a few, though slowly growing, independent Tweeters such as Jack Bastide (just love that handle!) and he has some great posts on his site including a video introduction to using Twitter.

Yes it's Jack Bastide! who in 2 and a half months has posted over 5000 Tweets!

Amazing, I will be lucky to do that in a year.

Unfortunately it would see I am too late to respond to his offer but I look forward to making some new and much needed contacts through this post.






Twitter Tips and Twitter Techniques - TweeterBlog.com: "Cool Tweeps To Follow - My 5000th Tweet!
Posted by Jack Bastide
at November 17, 2008

So I’ve been on Twitter about 2 1/2 months now and I just came up to Tweet # 5000! I wanted to make the 5000′th Tweet special and give back to all the cool people that are following me. So here was my 5000th tweet …

5000th Tweet - Tell Me About YOU and Why People Should Follow You in 140 Characters - All Replies Will go on My Website As My Gift To You!"

This is a great example of a simple post which elicited a great response.

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pablo!

Thanks for posting about my blog!

Jack Bastide
Http://Twitter.com/JackBastide

Pablothehat said...

No problemo!

Admin said...

nice information !

Pablothehat said...

Glad you liked it IP!