Wednesday 28 January 2009

Craig Murray - New Labour's Britain and The Silencing of Dissent

So much for Universities being the last bastions of free speech.
Glad I haven't got student loan..I would have felt like I had been ripped off!





January 27, 2009
New Labour's Britain and The Silencing of Dissent

We all need to take a step back and see what kind of society we have become; in particular the Stalinist silencing of voices of dissent - even within our universities.

I have seen my past server host pull this website and my publisher pull my book, in attempts to silence my dissenting opinions. We overcame those, but they should never have happened. Now I have been telephoned by the University of Cambridge to be told that security staff will physically prevent me from entering the University of Cambridge to give a talk there.

What have we become? I have responded thus and am now off to Cambridge.

Craig Murray - New Labour's Britain and The Silencing of Dissent

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: