Thursday 10 January 2008

Copyscape - Website Plagiarism Search - Web Site Content Copyright Protection

Recently Divinyl from Ceci n'est pas un blog chatted to me about finding some copies of her work on the net.

As writers, we spend hours, if not, sometimes weeks in crafting our thoughts into a polished article.

What we don't spend is that time crafting our words for them to be directly copied and used elsewhere without our permission.

Though Copyscape will not stop this practice, it is a useful tool in combating the problem.



Copyscape - Website Plagiarism Search - Web Site Content Copyright Protection

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Divinyl said...

Hey Pablo :o)

Yup, I know about Copyscape; unfortunately I didn't know I was limited to 10 free searches a month before starting to muck around with it! Doh!

I've spoken to Griz, and he managed to calm me down a little, give me a few tips etc. Still very gutting to have my work (like you say, some of this stuff I spend a great deal of time over) out there on other people's sites, but it's not like those people are getting tonnes of comments on it etc.

Just annoyed that it means they ight be getting some of my potential visitors...think I'd be even more annoyed if I was trying to make money at this! x

Pablothehat said...

Hi Divinyl, cheers for the heads up on that..I must admit I hadn't tried it out yet, only one set of hands after all!
Must drop round Griz's site soon.
Laters.x

Grizzly said...

Hi You Two, Just put a link in the first paragraph of your posts pointing back at your site. If they get removed then hide your link in a period. Most scrapers use auto software to scrape sites and your link won't get removed. Remember to use a keyword you want to be indexed for in your link's anchor text. Use scrapers to increase your backlinks and keyword athority.