Tuesday 15 January 2008

Grammar Girl ! Quick & Dirty Tips

Ooooooo yer... she's my grammar girl (twangy guitar bit) Ooooooo yer... she's my grammar girl..(twangy guitar) ( repeat to fade)....

I cannot claim to be 'at one with my grammar', as I make loads of errors when I am trying to get my jumble thoughts into some sort of coherent, logical and hopefully informative manner, touched with a slight humorous slant.

(Get off! This turn is rubbish! Send on the dancing girls!)

Ah! but Grammar Girl (aka Mignon Fogarty)..she does it for me..those sultry tones, that sensual pronunciation and attractive accent...




Erhum!...Anyway!

These examples of the ever-changing use of words and how this is interpreted by the grammatical model of language study are audio files which can either be streamed or downloaded as a podcast.
I use my fave RSS reader Netvibes as it has a built-in player, but access is also available on the website, along with a transcript of the cast and comments.
Check out the podcast on young people's use of 'Yo' as a pronoun..you never knew that grammar studies could be so entertaining.

Or so hot!!


Grammar Girl

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.