Friday 25 January 2008

'I was dancing when I was twelve I was dancing when I was twelve'

This post is really for Divinyl.
Her site is such a mine of musical memories for me.
Things I had put away and forgotten. Things that are reminders of my place in space and time.

This T.Rex music book has been in my life for over 30 years. I have played around with some of the more familiar ones, busked my way through them, allowed the lyrics to form patterns and images in my mind.
Largely though, I haven't a clue what Marc was singing about on most of them.

The Scenescof Dynasty (Extract)

Meeting behind the iron sling
My brandy-tongue was like a Caterpillar thing
Suzy hung up on Joan of Arc
Cloudily gave me the key to the dark
Scraping the lice from my bed
I sussed we were teleported into his head.

Answers on a postcard to....LOL


Content is King!


1971 eh? Seems like a different century.


Androgyny rule OK


I had a tank-top just like that!

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Divinyl said...

It's got to be Metal Guru and Spaceball Ricochet...fab tracks (neither of which seem to be in your book)! And I do happen to know what the latter was about...there was a kid that Bolan knew who had just got new trainers and was so excited by them that he was using them to bounce of walls!

Debora's a great song too. You're right though, some generally dodgy lyrics! I bet you looked every bit the dashing fop in your tank top Pab ;o)

Pablothehat said...

I did indeed look very fopish, platform shoes, bell bottom loons, and me tank-top!