Saturday 5 January 2008

One Laptop Per Child review by PC Advior

The One Laptop Per Child program is a great way of empowering remote communities with access to technology.

It provides the opportunity for change and growth in education and employment opportunities.

Moreover, I know a couple of kids would love to have a couple!

As PC Advisor points out, it is not perfect and does have a few flaws but by in large the technology and software do what they are supposed to do.

Pity they didn't announce the Give One, Get One Scheme earlier, perhaps they were concerned about being able to met demand, or maybe treading on corporate toes too much..

A great way to bring up your kids on a Microsoft free diet if you ask me!



XO laptop review - PC Advisor

The website has a nice, intuitive feel, very simple icons with sub-menus.

One Laptop index page



Wow! Take a look at those specs!!!

And the targeted end users…

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish they had a program around here for free laptops for kids.Each of my boys have one.

Those things ARE NOT cheap!

Pablothehat said...

Yes I need to get back to portable computing. I use to write a lot more when my handheld was functioning. I find with the pc I tend to get distracted by all the other stuff I enjoy doing!!
LOL