Wednesday 14 November 2007

B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran: Air Force refused to fly weapons to Middle East theater

If there is one thing that I can be accused of is that I am a natural cynic, particularly when it comes to those who class themselves as leader, movers and shakers.

My friend is also a cynic, and he kindly sent me this little snippet, not really explored in the mainstream media to any great depth, which could lead me on to a whole new level of cynicism.

(See! That's why I don't have Sky!)

Best we look to those learned people who have seen, experienced and commentated up the concepts of leadership, power and ego for some insight.

'Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.' Lord Acton, Letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

'It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power. ' David Brin (1950 - )


One of my favorite piccies. Haven't come across a good one of Tony yet, but I have this one of Gordy in his last job, facing difficult decisions which effects the well being of many.





B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran: Air Force refused to fly weapons to Middle East theater

We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom. Stephen Vincent Benet (1898 - 1943), Litany for Dictatorships, 1935

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, Power DOES corrupt! :o(

Pablothehat said...

Yes sadly it does love. :-(